The below terms and conditions are relevant to the Newcastle Knights 2021 Membership campaign. Terms and conditions are subject to change and are at the discretion of Knights Rugby League Pty Ltd (the Club / Newcastle Knights).
Club Member Code of Conduct
McDonald Jones Stadium is a family-friendly venue, and the Club will not tolerate any behaviour that threatens to compromise anyone’s enjoyment or feeling of safety. While barracking and supporting your club is a vital part of the game, offensive or aggressive behaviour (including yelling and swearing when dealing with opposition fans, staff, agents or NRL or other event staff) will not be tolerated. Members who consume alcohol on a match day are to do so responsibly. Drunkenness will not be tolerated. The club will not tolerate any form of this behaviour towards staff, agents or NRL or other event staff whether that be verbal or written prior, during and after match days. Members who breach the behaviour code of conduct may face penalties including cancellation of Membership without refund. The Club endorses the NRL’s stance on vilification and has zero-tolerance for Members or supporters who abuse the opposition, opposition supporters, or umpires on grounds of race, religion, gender or sexuality.
Concession status applies if you have a Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card or are a full-time student aged 19 and over. Your date of birth and Concession Card number must be provided when purchasing a Concession Membership. Appropriate proof of Concession status is required for entry into the ground. Concession prices are not available to Senior Card holders or the unemployed.
To be eligible for a Youth Membership, you must be under the age of 19 as of 1 March (in the year of the season). Your date of birth must be provided when purchasing a Youth Membership.
To be eligible for a Junior Membership, you must be under the age of 16 as of 1 March (in the year of the season). Your date of birth must be provided when purchasing a Junior Membership. Note: Children under the age of 4 can be admitted to McDonald Jones Stadium free of charge.
Family Memberships consist of 2 adults and 2 juniors (under 16 as of 1 March in the year of the season). Individual names and dates of birth must be provided for each junior.
Members holding a Companion Card may apply for the issue of a second seat at no extra charge to accommodate their companion. The Companion Card must be sighted before the extra ticket can be issued and will be issued in the Member’s name unless otherwise agreed with the Club.
Companion Card holders are eligible for complimentary entry to Newcastle Knights’ home games but do not obtain any other Member rights, entitlements or benefits. The Member is responsible for the conduct of their companion and will ensure that that their conduct is in accordance with the Newcastle Knights Code of Conduct Policy.
Please call the Membership team on 1300 465 644 to apply for a Companion Card.
Reserved Seat Holders
Reserved seat holders will be advised of a renewal period each year and a cut-off date for renewal of their existing seat. Any seats not renewed by this cut-off date will be available for other renewing Members and new Members to purchase or to change to as their seat location. Cut-off dates are strictly adhered to.
Knights Home Games
The classification of a home game is the 12 games categorized as Newcastle Knights home games as set out in the NRL Draw each year. Any additional games, events or NRL Final Series games held at McDonald Jones Stadium are not included in your Membership.
If for any reason a Member cannot attend a Newcastle Knights home game, they can provide their entry pass to a friend or relative to use.
The ability to transfer a Membership to someone else is subject to the Membership classification (e.g. Adult, Concession, Junior). A fee can be paid to upgrade the Membership classification for a one-off game (e.g. from a Junior ticket to an Adult ticket) by visiting the Member Service Box Office located outside the western entrance to McDonald Jones Stadium on game day.
Memberships cannot be traded, sold or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes including competitions, without prior written consent of the Club. If a Membership is found to be in breach of this condition, the Club reserves the right to immediately cancel the Membership without notification or refund and the bearer of the Membership will be refused admission and access to any entitlements.
Members should be aware that there is legislation in New South Wales relating to the resale of tickets, and breach of these laws may attract criminal penalties.
Member Card Replacements
Members requiring a new Member card due to loss or theft should contact the Club immediately to arrange a replacement. A non-refundable $5 replacement fee applies per card. A new barcode will be generated once re-printed and will override any previous barcodes.
Members should bring their Member card to all games to gain access through the turnstile. Should you forget your Member card on game day, you can download a print-at-home ticket from your MyKnights account or visit the Member Service Box Office located outside the western entrance to McDonald Jones Stadium on game day to redeem a temporary ticket.
Membership applications will be processed as received and cannot be withdrawn once processed. The contents of the Membership brochure and accompanying forms were correct at the time of printing and the Club, under no circumstances, takes responsibility for any omissions, errors or changes that may occur.
The Membership team sends regular emails with updated Club information. Please ensure you have updated your details with the Membership team to ensure you receive the most up-to-date information. You can edit your email preferences and update your contact details online at your MyKnights account. It is the responsibility of the Member to keep their contact details up to date and Newcastle Knights accept no responsibility for errors deriving from outdated contact information.
Refund of Membership fees is not permitted for a change of mind or for changes in personal circumstances that may prevent a Member from enjoying the full benefits of Membership. Where a Member has a right to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law, a refund will be provided.
The Club reserves the right to require the return of any merchandise supplied as part of a Membership package as a precondition of providing a full or partial refund of Membership fees or, in the event that the Member cannot or does not return the merchandise, the Club may deduct the cost of the merchandise from the refund amount.
Any request for a refund, whether whole or partial, should be made in writing in the form of a statutory declaration to the Membership team. Granting of refunds in full or in part is wholly at the discretion of the Club. All requests are to be made in writing to the ‘Membership Manager’ PO Box 152, Wickham NSW 2293. A $15 cancellation fee per Membership will apply, regardless of the time at which the Membership is cancelled.
If a Home Game Access Membership is cancelled, the Member will also be charged for their seat at any game(s) included in the Membership that were played prior to the cancellation request, regardless of whether they attended.
Memberships will not be refunded on the basis of specific seat allocation or dissatisfaction with the provision of individual elements of the entitlements. Please note that benefits and inclusions are subject to change.
COVID-19 Peace of Mind Guarantee
The Club is committed to providing members with a COVID-19 Peace of Mind Guarantee. Our Peace of mind guarantee states that a refund will be granted to any member whose membership entitlements are affected by a COVID-19 related impact to the 2021 season.
Applicable refund amounts for full season ticketed members will be calculated as a prorated amount of the individual’s membership fee (1 game = 1/12 of total membership fee, 2 games = 2/12, etc). Refund amounts will vary based on membership category and price type and refunds will be applied on a per membership basis. Partial ticketed members will receive a refund based on the unused portion of their membership (e.g. a 3 game member with 1 game remaining will receive a refund for one game or 1/3 of their membership fee).
2021 Member $20 Knights Shop Voucher
Members receive a $20.00 merchandise voucher to spend at the Club Shop as part of their 2021 Membership Pack. The voucher has a perforated edge for removal from the package. The voucher is valid for the 2021 season only and is not redeemable for cash. The voucher is valid for purchases at the Club Shop located at 294 Turton Road, New Lambton NSW 2305, and the voucher must be presented at the time of purchase. The voucher is for single use only, cannot be split over multiple transactions and is subject to a $40.00 minimum spend. Staff may request proof of identity and/or 2021 Membership upon redemption of the voucher. Vouchers are to be treated like cash and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. 10% Member discount is applicable in conjunction with use of the voucher. Members who are not reasonably able to attend the Club Shop or any Newcastle Knights home game to redeem their voucher may contact the Club to request a single use code to redeem their voucher via the Club Shop online. Voucher expires Sunday 3 October, 2021 at 11:59pm.
Auto Renewing Payment Plan
- By signing up as a Newcastle Knights member using a valid Mastercard or Visa, you authorise the Newcastle Knights to arrange a transfer of funds from your nominated credit card at the amount applicable to your membership type for the following season and at the nominated intervals as advised in point 5.
- Members will be given at least 14 days’ notice in writing of changes to the amount of their next season’s membership and to the terms of the Newcastle Knights agreement. If you do not wish your membership to roll over into the following season, you will be required to do so prior to the conclusion of the opt out period as stated on your opt out letter which you will receive via post to your address on file.
- Monthly Payment Plans cannot be cancelled once the new season’s payments have begun.
- Refund of membership fees is not permitted for change of mind or for changes in personal circumstances that may prevent a member from enjoying the full benefits of membership. Where a member has a right to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law, a refund will be provided.
- For Members selecting the Annual Payment option, full payment will be debited from your nominated card from the previous season on 3 November 2020. For members opting into the monthly payment plan option, the first instalment will be debited from your nominated card from the previous season on November 3 2020. The remaining 9 instalments will be deducted on the 3rd day of each month through until August 2021. If a member renews or joins after 3 December using the monthly payment plan option, your first deduction will equal the sum of the months passed to bring you into line with the auto-renewing payment plan. The date of an individual payment deduction can be delayed to an alternate date upon request. The payment plan schedule (noted below) will then revert back to the third of each month post payment.
- If any payments fail to transfer between institutions on the 3rd, further attempts will be made to clear the fund transfer.
- If your debit payment is returned or dishonoured by your financial institution, an email or SMS will be sent requesting immediate payment. Any fees levied to you by your financial institution will be payable by you.
- The Newcastle Knights may suspend your membership and restrict access to McDonald Jones Stadium if on two consecutive occasions or months your financial institution does not honour the debit payment. We will notify you via email or SMS should your auto-renewing payment arrangement be suspended or cancelled.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that: (a) the account details you have provided are correct, including notification should the expiry date change; (b) you have sufficient clear funds available in the nominated account on the scheduled drawing date.
- Additional 5 monthly payment plan options are provided throughout the season commencing 3 November 2020 and 3 April 2021.
- If you believe that a withdrawal has been initiated incorrectly, please contact the membership team on 1300 465 644.
2021 Payment Plan Schedule
Annual Upfront Payment Plan
Payment 1 of 1: November 3 2020
Ten Month Payment Plan
Payment 1 of 10: November 3 2020
Payment 2 of 10: December 3 2020
Payment 3 of 10: January 3 2021
Payment 4 of 10: February 3 2021
Payment 5 of 10: March 3 2021
Payment 6 of 10: April 3 2021
Payment 7 of 10: May 3 2021
Payment 8 of 10: June 3 2021
Payment 9 of 10: July 3 2021
Payment 10 of 10: August 3 2021
Five Month Payment Plan 1 (Commencing November 2020)
Payment 1 of 5: November 3 2020
Payment 2 of 5: December 3 2020
Payment 3 of 5: January 3 2021
Payment 4 of 5: February 3 2021
Payment 5 of 5: March 3 2021
Seat Return Program
- The 2021 Seat Return program will be eligible for Platinum and Gold Members only.
- The seat must be returned at least 24 hours prior to kick off of any given game to be eligible for this promotion.
- Once a seat has been returned, this cannot be reversed. All seat returns are final and will result in the member card for that seat being voided for that game.
- A credit amount will be added to your 2022 account, only if your seat sells casually through Ticketmaster for that game. If your seat does not sell, no credit will be applied.
- You will be notified mid-season and post-season as to the status of your seat resale credits. You may contact the club if you wish to enquire about your seat successfully selling at an individual game at any time throughout the season.
- Credit received from this program can only be redeemed on a 2022 membership package and cannot be redeemed in cash or any other form including merchandise or additional game day tickets.
Newcastle Knights Contact Information
Phone: 1300 465 644
Mail: PO BOX 152, WICKHAM NSW 2293
In Person: Newcastle Knights Club Store, 294 Turton Road, NEW LAMBTON 2305